Ltd. Ed. Peter Frampton "1964" Texan
Featuring a L. R. Baggs® pickup system, Solid Spruce Top, and rare Faded Vintageburst finish.
Epiphone presents the Ltd. Ed. Peter Frampton "1964" Texan, designed with guitar legend Peter Frampton. Featuring a Solid Spruce top with a rare Faded Vintageburst finish, a L. R. Baggs® EAS-VTC pickup system, and the same Schaller® M6 machine heads Frampton uses on his vintage Texan. Limited to just 500 guitars.
Show Me the Way To An Epiphone: Frampton purchased his original Texan in 1968 while recording with Humble Pie. “I loved Steve Marriott’s guitar which was an Epiphone Frontier,” recalled Frampton. “I asked our guitar tech if he could find me one like it and he came back with the Texan. And I played it and loved it. Mine was made only 3 months apart from Paul McCartney’s in 1964. He wrote “Yesterday” on his and I wrote “Baby I Love Your Way” on mine!” Frampton’s original 1964 Texan has been his main songwriting guitar ever since and has been a constant companion on the road until it was retired in favor of his new Ltd. Ed. “1964” Texan. “I played the prototype on a British TV show and it sounded incredible. I’m so thrilled and honored.”
Solid Spruce Top with Faded Vintageburst Finish: Like Frampton’s vintage 1964 Texan, the new Ltd. Ed. Peter Frampton "1964" Texan has a Solid Mahogany body and a Solid Spruce Top with a Faded Vintageburst finish and 3-ply Ivory and Black binding. The Mahogany neck has a 1960s SlimTaper™ C-Profile with a 25.5” scale length, 20 medium jumbo frets, a 12” radius, and a Pau Ferro fingerboard with Pearloid "Parallelograms” inlays. The traditional Sloped Dovewing headstock comes with a replica of Frampton’s signature in silver plus Frampton’s original serial number-- “205898"--on the back along with a “2018 Edition” logo. The 2-way adjustable truss rod has an Epiphone “bullet” shaped cover with a 60s era Epiphone “E” logo in white. The Pau Ferro reverse belly bridge has a bone saddle and white bridge pins with "Abalone" Dots. The tortious shell-style pickguard also has a 60’s era silver “E” emblem.
- R. Baggs® EAS-VTC System: Peter Frampton has long been a fan of L. R. Baggs® pickup systems. For his Epiphone Ltd. Ed. “1964” Texan, Frampton chose the cutting edge L. R. Baggs EAS-VTC system which includes both a soundhole pickup and a Flexible Film Sensor pickup in the saddle. The EAS-VTS system allows the Texan’s incredible dynamic range and true acoustic sound to shine through when plugged in. Unlike typical undersaddle acoustic guitar pickups that are dependent on string compression for their tone, the EAS-VTC system was engineered to mirror the soundboard’s actual movement as you play. The L. R. Baggs® system includes soundhole mounted controls for Master Volume and Tone along with a built-in LF filter. The L. R. Baggs® EAS-VTC system is powered by a standard 9-volt battery.
Schaller® M6 Machine Heads: The new Ltd. Ed. Peter Frampton "1964" Texan includes the same Schaller® M6 machine heads that Frampton uses on his customized vintage ’64 Texan along with nickel strap buttons at the neck heel and body and a 60s era blue soundhole label with the serial number and original Texan model number: FT-79. An un-signed Certificate of Authenticity is included and an optional hard case is also available.
Limited Lifetime Guarantee: Like all Epiphones, the new Ltd. Ed. Peter Frampton "1964" Texan comes with a Limited Lifetime Guarantee and Gibson 365/24/7 Customer Service. Limited to just 500 guitars so see your Authorized Epiphone Dealer today!
Ltd. Ed. Peter Frampton "1964" Texan At A Glance - Designed with Peter Frampton based on his prized original 1964 Texan
- Solid Spruce Top with Faded Vintageburst finish
- L. R. Baggs® EAS-VTC pickup System and Schaller® M6 machine heads
- Limited to 500 guitars
- Top Material: Solid Spruce
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Traditional 1960's SlimTaper™ ; C-Profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- Headstock: Traditional Epiphone "Sloped Dovewing": "Peter Frampton" signature replica on back in SILVER.
- Truss Rod: 2-way Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: "Bullet" shaped; 2-layer (B/W); Vintage "E" in White
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid "Parallelograms"
- L. R. Baggs® EAS-VTC System (1-Pickup System)
- Built-In LF Filter
- Soundhole Mounted
- Master Volume & Master Tone Controls
- 9V Battery
- Under Saddle Pickup: L. R. Baggs® Flexible Film Sensor
- Binding Fingerboard: None
- Body Top: 3-ply (Ivory/Black/I)
- Body Back: 1-ply (Ivory)
- Headstock: None
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 20 medium-jumbo
- Bridge: Pau Ferro; Reverse-Belly
- Bridge Pins: White with "Abalone" Dots
- Saddle: Bone
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.62"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads Schaller® M6
- Pickguard: Imitation Tortoise with foil "E"
- Strap Buttons: Neck and Body
- Output Jack: Endpin
- Sound Hole Label: Vintage Rectangular Blue; Model: FT-79 with Peter's original serial number "205898"
- Sequential serial number on back of headstock
- Includes Unsigned Certificate of Authenticity